Please make changes to design and on-page text in order to more prominently tell the user that she needs to fill in Participants and to clarify how filters work.
(These changes are "interim" in the sense that this entire page will be redesigned once we've added the Worklist filter, in Release II.)
Changes to notice about fully configuring the Event
- Make the notice more prominent by adding the following :
- the large bold headline: Participants filter is required (in the style of h4, with color #a94442)
- the yellow box (this is bootstrap's alert alert-warning)
- the exclamation point icon (this is bootstrap's glyphicon glyphicon-exclamation-sign)
- Change the wording of the notice as follows:
- This event has not been fully configured. To generate event data, please enter Participants.
Changes to instruction text of Participants filter
Small changes will help people better understand how this works. Please change as follows (see image for design):
- Add wiki usernames below, one per line, to limit metrics to specific participants. You can copy/paste directly from an on-wiki list. [?]
Changes to instruction text & wiki field of Categories filter
Please use the following instruction text (see image for design):
- Enter categories (with wiki names) to limit metrics to pages in those categories. [?] On Commons only, use this tool to filter files (images, videos, etc.), instead of pages.
- [The help link will link to the help page section specified in T209121]
- In cases where more than one wiki is defined for the event, please change the example text in the wiki field to say just "Wiki" (instead of en.wikipedia, as currently)
- [In cases where only one wiki is defined, keep the current functionality, which populates the field—for real, not just as an example—with that wiki name.]