Why are we doing this?
As we encourage more users to edit and create accounts to edit from within the iOS app, we need a way for users to be able to view their User Talk pages in order to receive feedback from and communicate with other editors
As an app editor I need to be able to see my User Talk page to get feedback on my edits and communicate with other editors
Design doc and audit of existing
- Build off of the ‘Default’ talk pages on mobile web instead of building something completely new
- Tabbed views for easy navigation between article and talk views
- No auto signing so that users can choose when and how to sign their posts
- Support ability to access Wiki view either through a web link or a separate view
Viewing your own Talk page
Viewing another user's Talk page
Navigating to User Talk from Settings
|Settings||Settings > Account||Settings > Account > User talk|
Discussions and replies
|Discussion||Discussion scrolled||Reply||Reply - complete||Reply published|
Creating a new discussion on another user's Talk page
|Viewing another user's talk page||New discussion||New discussion keyboard up||New discussion - Complete||New discussion published||Viewing new discussion|
Searching for a Talk page
User Talk toolbar
- Could we support a way to reply directly to a specific comment?
- Could we support a way to show when there is new activity on a discussion?