As a new editor, I would like easy access to the talk pages of articles (and pages in other namespaces) so that I can enter into discussions on the details of the article
- Add talk tabs for all logged-in users
We cannot enable this using a config change to wgMinervaTalkAtTop in current form.
We have talked about making the FeatureManager accept a loggedin state to make these changes easier in future.
Otherwise we can simply update the setMinervaSkinOption to make use of the User on the skin instance.
SkinOptions::TALK_AT_TOP => $featureManager->isFeatureAvailableForCurrentUser( 'MinervaTalkAtTop' ) || $skin->getUser()->isLoggedIn(),
- go to beta cluster as anon user
- go to any article page and check that the talk/discussion tabs are not visible
- log in as test user
- redo step two, but this time verify that talk/discussion tabs are visible
- verify that opting into AMC mode keeps tabs visible