The generic error screen that is shown when an error occurs during loading only says "An error occurred". We need to show them something more meaningful.
Please find specs in this Figma artboard.
- generic error message is shown as in mock-ups whenever there is no specific error available
- "report an error" link leads to a "create new task" page on Phabricator with Bridge tag filled in
- can be configured to some other system for 3rd-party installs
- if the reporting system doesn't support submitting details in the link then that can be omitted
- include information necessary for debugging - e.g. stacktrace in the prefilled task form link (make sure first it doesn't reveal private information)
- the message of the internal error object is shown
- track the number of times each error is triggered
- on clicking reload the Bridge is reloaded
Template for report:
Title: Wikidata Bridge error
The error happened on: $articlename, $wikiname <- could also be $articleURL, whatever is easier
Error message: $errormessage <- should make it clear that this was happening on load
Debug information: $stacktrace <- potentially shortened?