- Name of tool/project: Talk pages project
- Project home page: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk_pages_project
- Name of team requesting review: Editing
- Primary contact: @JTannerWMF (program manager) / @dchan (engineer)
- Target date for deployment: 13 Feb (opt-in feature)
- Link to code repository / patchset: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/g/mediawiki/extensions/DiscussionTools
Description of the tool/project
DiscussionTools is a MediaWiki extension to facilicate participation in talk page discussions. It parses a talk page for discussion threading, grouping and authorship according to established syntactical conventions. It provides a convenient way to reply "inline" to a comment, without having to reproduce those syntactical conventions correctly or even be aware of them.
See https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk_pages_project/Updates#Project_goals for more info, or T235592 for mockups.
Description of how the tool will be used at WMF
It will be made available on wikis as a means of participating in talk page discussions.
Wikimedia REST API to load talk pages / save comments.
VisualEditor extension for loading/saving (and potentially for parsing talk
pages and authoring comments in visual mode).
Moment Timezone to manipulate timestamps.
OOUI widget library.
Less for Stylesheets.
Has this project been reviewed before?
Working test environment
See T235592 for mockups. See https://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Talk:Dog for deployed code
Maintained by Editing team