Currently, bots are exempt from rate limits on Wikidata. This is needed for some tools like MassMessage and Nuke. However "normal" bots should have some sane limit on edit speed because otherwise the infrastructure suffers.
- We remove noratelimit from the bots group and add accounts that require noratelimit to "accountcreator" group
- the Bots group on Wikidata is rate-limited
- MassMessage (User:MediaWiki message delivery) and Nuke are not limited and in the "accountcreator" group
- announcement has been made before the change is deployed to production
Probable breakdown? (now potentially outdated):
- Write config patch
- CHECK, write and deploy code for i18n messages if needed in WikimediaMessages extension
- Config changes should probably be reviewed by Adam, Amir or Lucas?
- Coordinate with ComCom for a deployment slot