In 2016, the front page of Wikipedia: www.wikipedia.org , underwent a subtle refresh. The code was moved from a series of scripts on meta.wikimedia.org into a git repository which utilizes Mustache templates and a build step to generate the final HTML page. Unfortunately, Wikimedia’s other projects, like Wikiquote, Wikisource, Wikibooks, etc. we left out of this refresh and their pages are still generated via the scripts on meta.wikimedia.org.
This project aims to convert these pages into HTML templates so that they can run through the same build-step as www.wikipedia.org.
- Pabricator tag: Wikimedia-Portals
- Workboard: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/board/1619/
- A similar task outlining the desired result: T230593
- T262933: data/README.md seems out of date
- T262783: Support Eastern Arabic numerals in project portals
- T262658: Update/Fix npm dependencies for wikimedia/portals.git
- T260213: Issue with app store link on Wikipedia.org portal
- T209010: Use non-output handlebar template comments over output ones
- T194134: Wrap gulp tasks in NPM scripts to avoid global gulp dependency
- T277407: Replace add/removeEvent methods with add/removeEventListener
- T277408: Remove IE<9 CSS hacks from portals CSS
- T277405: Refactor Gulpfile.js tasks into separate files This is not a microtask but good for understanding the Gulp.js build system
- T278035: Rename dev folder to src
- T278039: Add a pre-commit hook to run `npm run test`