The legacy feature of ResourceLoaderSkinModule will be deprecated in the 1.36 release (see T89981)
In 1.37 vector will cherry pick the styles it needs from the new features provided in https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:ResourceLoaderSkinModule
This will reduce the CSS on the critical path by around 2kb.
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:ResourceLoaderSkinModule#For_skins_deprecating_the_legacy_feature as a guide to make the migration.
- Vector modern drops legacy feature
- A user notice goes out to gadgets to fix gadgets using this style (testing in modern Vector)
- Vector legacy will drop the legacy feature
Please compare several pages in production (en.wikipedia.org) to beta cluster (https://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/)
- Check categories at bottom of the page render identically
- Please check headings in page render identically
- Please check thumbnails in page render identically
- Please check any lists in page render identically (make sure to test numbered lists as well as unordered lists)
- Visit Special:Version and confirm the table in the "Installed software" section is identical
- Compare link colors in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jdlrobson/sandboxLinkTest and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jdlrobson/sandboxLinkTest
- Please check any message boxes in the display e.g. the old revision box at the top of https://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/w/index.php?title=Conflict-title-0.6711461392091387-I%C3%B1t%C3%ABrn%C3%A2ti%C3%B4n%C3%A0liz%C3%A6ti%C3%B8n&oldid=406886
- Please check all the above in the print version
I'm fairly confident this should be drama free. Visual impacts to the Vector skin are unlikely but there is an unlikely but small risk that this causes minor impact to user gadgets.
QA Results - Beta
QA Results - Beta (retest)
QA Results - Prod