This task is about implementing a hidden [chnage tag]() for edits made with the DiscussionTools' new source mode with tools (T257391).
In T276631 we will analyze how people are using the DiscussionTools' new source mode with tools (T257391). To do this analysis, we will need a way to "look at" all of the edits made with said new source mode in aggregate. The change tag this task is asking for should enable us to view these edits in such a way.
//Note: we would like to be able to use these hidden change tags to aggregate edits using the following tools/interfaces: Special:Recent Changes, quarry (e.g. https://quarry.wmflabs.org/query/48614), and superset (e.g. https://superset.wikimedia.org/r/509).//
- A hidden change tag that is "associated with" all edits made in either the New Discussion Tool's or Reply Tool's source mode with tools.
- This hidden chnage tag should be called: discussiontools-source-enhanced
- The existing New Discussion Tool and Reply Tool change tags (T242184, T260467) should continue to work as they currently do [i][ii]
- Visit: https://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-editing
- Ensure the experimental source mode setting is turned on within the Discussion pages section
- Navigate to any talk page on Beta
- Open the Reply Tool
- Switch to the tool's source mode
- Verify the new tools are visible (linking and pinging)
- Post a comment
- Visit the History page
- Confirm the following tags are associated with the edit you made in "Step 7": Reply and Source
- Visit Special:Tags
- Click the "X changes" link next to the discussiontools-source-enhanced tag
- ✅ See the edit you posted in "Step 7." appears within the list of changes
- 1. What happens to this new tag once we converge on a single source mode?
- ===Requirements are implemented
- All ===Open questions are answered
i. Edits made with the New Discussion Tool and Reply Tool have the following tags visibly associated with them: New topic and Reply, respectively
i. Edits made with the New Discussion Tool's and Reply Tool's source and visual modes also have the following tags visibly associated with them: Source and Visual, respectively