As a voter, I should be able to rank candidates as per my choice in the voting UI for a Single Transferable vote.
|Normal||Missing preferences error state||Duplicate preferences error state|
- Different voters should be shown options in different, randomized orders in a dropdown UI. The order of candidates should be consistent throughout the voting form.
- The order should also be consistent if the form is submitted and the page is reloaded due to an error.
- Default selected preference is "Select an option". This string is translatable.
- Voters should be able to sequentially rank the options in their order of preference. For example, a voter can select their first, second and third preference but cannot select their first and third preference only. This would result in an error with the message: Preferences must be selected in sequential order. (See mock for details)
- No option can be selected twice. If an option is selected twice this should result in an error and the form should not submit. The form data will not be lost. Error message: Options can’t be selected multiple times when ranking.
- Voters do not need to mandatorily rank all options. They may rank as many candidates as they wish (minimum one).
We'll tackle the disabled options in the dropdowns in a follow-up task.