This task involves the work with introducing a space between the namespace (Talk:) and page title (PAGE NAME) text that appears atop talk pages.[i]
- Platforms: Mobile + Desktop
- Skins: all that Usability Improvements are available within. More in T306730.
- On talk pages where Usability Improvements are enabled and available [ii], the following should be true:
- There is a space between the namespace (Talk:) and page title (PAGE NAME) text that appears atop talk pages.
- The "space" mentioned above ought to be implemented in such a way that (read: as a margin, per T299814#7883971) it is not present when people copy and paste the talk page title text in its entirety (Talk: + PAGE NAME).
- 1. Editing Engineering: how will we enable wikis to vary the spacing around colons to match the conventions for their language (e.g. French puts spaces on either side of a colon [iii], Chinese uses a colon which has more space on either side of it as well [iv]).
- Requirements are implemented
- Answers to all Open questions are documented
ii. I'm adding emphasis on "available" here because we decided that Usability Improvements will NOT initially be available across talk namespaces. Instead, we decided to gradually scale them out, beginning with User: and Article: talk. More in T304750.