The Apps team is working on allowing reading lists to be shared. Details can be found in the epic. The Android team built the receiving workflow for reading lists and needs iOS to also receive reading list for the purpose of experimentation.
- As a Wikipedia Android app user in Ghana, I want to share my reading list with a family member in the US that has an iOS device, so they can read the articles I've saved about Accra ahead of their trip home in December.
- As a Wikipedia Android app user organizer in South Asia, I want to share reading list via Whatsapp after an event, so people that have attended know which articles are in need of contributions
|Variant A||1) Clicks link||2) Clicks 'GET'||3) Downloads app||4) Opens app||5) After onboarding||6) Clicks link||7) Names list||8) List is added||9) Views list||10) Survey ask||11) Takes survey|
- Disclaimer: Look at the above visuals more as wireframes as opposed to final designs
- Related tasks on Android
- Variant B (per @JTannerWMF’s request), would be the version in case we’d run the experiment mostly on Android. The iOS side of the experiment would provide data insights on how successful users are in downloading the app to view the list.
Feedback form links
- iOS: Use Receive links
- Android: Use both Receive + Send links
- ✓ = Survey translation is verified by a second person
- English: Receive (✓) | Send (✓) | Gdoc
- Arabic: Receive | Send | Gdoc
- Bengali: Receive | Send | Gdoc
- French: Receive (✓) | Send (✓) | Gdoc
- German: Receive (✓) | Send (✓) | Gdoc
- Hindi: Receive | Send | Gdoc
- Portuguese: Receive | Send | Gdoc
- Spanish: Receive | Send | Gdoc
- Urdu: Receive | Send | Gdoc
- Android APK: https://github.com/wikimedia/apps-android-wikipedia/pull/3562
- iOS APK:
Technical notes about the format/encoding of shared lists: T316822#8366987
Additional Notes for QA:
- Nice-to-haves from this comment were not implemented.
- Users who go through the import flow the first time they ever launch the app will permanently skip onboarding (comment).
- We're pre-populating the reading list title on the import screen with default text. User will never see the survey prompt again per-install after tapping "Take survey". They will see it after tapping "Not now", if they go through another reading list import flow. (comment)