Hello. It's a couple of hours there is a bug with file uploading. Maybe something went wrong on database switch, or it's a problem of this week deployment, don't know.
If you reupload a file, the new thumb is not created. The old version shown on file page, including in the versions table. It also continues to appear in articles. There is no way to use a new version. There is a way to see a new version, in the [[Media:]] namespace.
The problem happens on Commons and on local wikis. The usual solutions, as clear cache, purge or null edit, do not help. Reading the Commons reuploading log shows it's not just my problem.
- Open some existing file, already used on wikis, either on Commons (I've opened this one), or local (I've opened this one and more)
- Download it to your computer.
- Edit it (I changed the Печатники osi on the first, and added a huge word "Draft" on the second. If you don't speak russion, use the second one, this word can be found easily).
- Upload the new version.
- Clear the cache, purge, make a null edit.
- Click on the file thumb at the top of the file page.
- Behold the new version without any problems.
- Go back to the file page.
- Behold the same thumb.
Expected: You should see the new version.
Got: You can see the old version without any changes.
Other information (browser name/version, screenshots, etc.):
Observed on Samsung Internet logged in, checked on Firefox logged out.
You can try the files I mentioned to check this right now. Thank you.