Things to look for
- Python going from 3.7.3 to 3.9.2. Python dependencies aren't a major concern here now that we are using requirements.txt and not relying on system packages.
- librsvg2 going to 2.50.3 (T265549)
- Similar changes in imagemagick and other binaries that we shell out to
- ~Changes required in tools like 3d2png~
- Potential HAProxy improvements we could make use of (particularly around metric granularity, maybe?)
- xcftools has been removed from bullseye and the upstream is dead. We need to make a decision about whether to shift our support for this format somehow. We currently receive a very very small number of requests for this format, but we would be breaking support for something we have historically supported. @AntiCompositeNumber has already done the work to move us towards using ImageMagick's support here
- 3d2png's dependencies are very very old. They will need breaking version bumps for canvas at best, also at some point require updates to the three library. A Good Enough implementation of the canvas fixes is here.
- The newly patched imagemagick dependencies will produce different images for successful tests - we need to resolve T334863 before moving forward as we won't be forward porting packages as a partial hack