This task to track when and how the filters will be deployed by default on all wikis. What is included on this release by default is listed on T157642.
What is deployed
- The new interface
- Quite all filters:
- Predictions about edit quality (using ORES, not available yet on your wiki - work on it)
- Predictions about whether users are in good faith (using ORES, not available yet on your wiki)
- Search by experience level
- Search by new change types
- Search by namespace and tag
- Watch your Watchlist
- Get (only) the latest
- Highlight results
- Bookmark filters sets
- Manage preferences right on the page
- T146972: Announce and follow up with communities about the New Filters for Recent changes Beta deployment
- T162675: 'Integrated filters'—add all RC Page filters into the new UI along with selected new functions
- T157642: Graduate New Filters UX out of beta on Recent Changes
- Decide when the the filters will be deployed by default.
Concerning the deployment, and the possible push back, we will follow the TCG recommandations like they are now:
- Communities with no strong opinions will be scheduled by the development teams (phase 2).
- Communities with specific concerns or internal discussion can request to have the deployment to their wikis delayed to phase 2 if they have sensible, consistent with the project, actionable, realistic feedback to oppose (at the development team's appreciation)
A phase 1 exists with a short list of wikis that will get the feature early.
Phases are defined as:
- Phase 1: he.wiki, ca.wiki, fr.wiki week of SEPT 19 (any community can decide to have the filters this day)
- messages posted
- Phase 2: All communities except those with valid reasons why not, week of ~~ SEPT 26 ~~ OCT 3
- messages to be posted on week 37
- Phase 3: Holdover from phase 2, week of OCT 10
Useful things for the communities: