This task corresponds to a GSoC 2018 project (Google Summer of Code 2018).
Mentor for the project: @mforns.
Wikistats  is the public statistics website of the Wikimedia Foundation. Its main purpose is to add context and motivate our editor community by providing a set of metrics through which users can see the impact of their contributions in the projects they are a part of. Wikistats2  is a recently released website, developed by the WMF's Analytics team , that will replace Wikistats in the near future. Wikistats2 is intended to:
- Update the website's interface.
- Provide access to data in an analytics-friendly form.
- Be easier to maintain and improve.
Wikistats2 is currently in production but still in alpha stage. There are some improvements that need to be made in order to consider Wikistats2 a full replacement of its predecessor. The objective of this GSoC project is to improve Wikistats2 front-end, bringing it closer to a finalized product. This task lists around 12 subtasks containing small improvements to be implemented. If the student, after familiarizing with Wikistats2 interface, has other suggestions of improvements, those will be welcome!
- At least 8 of the 12 proposed improvements are productionized before the deadline. Each subtask includes:
- [Extra] Discuss, implement, test and document any new ideas that the student may have to improve Wikistats2 front-end.
- Awareness of programming fundamentals.
- Awareness of web application development fundamentals.
- Some familiarity with single-page-application frameworks is a plus (Wikistats2 uses Vue.js ).
- General knowledge of how MediaWiki wikis work (editing, pages, users, etc.) is also a plus.