The Android team needs a means of maintaining counts of qualifying edits with various characteristics per user. A WIP prototype is currently implemented as a MediaWiki extension hooking into the PageContentSaveComplete event to update counts as appropriate.
Counts will be maintained in a new extension, WikimediaEditorTasks.
Edit counts to maintain:
- For the title descriptions task list:
- To unlock: 5 logged-in in-app description edits + 48h waiting period complete
- For the image captions task list:
- To unlock: 50 logged-in in-app description edits + 48h waiting period complete
On revert (of ANY edit by the user): reset the counter for the next stage to unlock to 0
- How should we handle local descriptions on enwiki?