T188327: Deploy refactored actor storage is at the point where we can usefully begin planning the removal of the xx_user and xx_user_text fields that are being replaced by the actor table, as we're beginning to stop writing them in production in preparation for dropping them. Before we can drop them in WMF production, we'll have to make the following changes to the WMCS views.
The fields that need changing are:
- archive: ar_user and ar_user_text.
- filearchive: fa_user and fa_user_text.
- image: img_user and img_user_text.
- ipblocks: ipb_by and ipb_by_text.
- logging: log_user and log_user_text.
- oldimage: oi_user and oi_user_text.
- recentchanges: rc_user and rc_user_text.
- revision: rev_user and rev_user_text.
In non-compat views these fields should be removed. In compat views, the existing conditional should be simplified to remove the case that reads these fields when the corresponding xx_actor fields are null/0.
Note the "_userindex" tables are not obsolete as they're still needed for queries by xx_actor, although they are perhaps slightly misnamed now.
The end result should be no change in user-visible behavior for the compat views, as everything should already be hitting the actor table cases, while users using the non-compat views will start getting errors about nonexistent fields if they haven't already updated their code to join with actor.