This task contains a couple of changes to the text of the impact module. These changes are applicable to both mobile and desktop.
IN THE UNACTIVATED STATE
Users tests showed that the impact module was difficult to understand in the unactivated state:
- what "impact" means
- if articles they have created are also shown there (they find a difference between an article creation and an article edit)
- what "edits to other kinds of pages" are
To clarify this, we will change the wording in the unactivated state of the module.
Mobile preview: the content of the preview should consist of the following.
- Monitor views of articles you've edited (light gray, small)
- You have not yet created or edited any articles. (black, large)
- Views from recent edits (last 60 days): (light gray, small)
- Includes a large blue "0".
See the "Module overview in mobile homepage (unactivated)" mockup here for the visual treatment -- but the current language is written in this task.
Full module (desktop and mobile)
- Remove the two existing sentences that read, "You have not yet edited..." and "This area will show the impact..."
- Add this sentence: "This area will show how many times people have viewed the articles you have created or edited."
WHEN THERE ARE NO PAGEVIEWS AVAILABLE ON ANY ARTICLES OR WHEN THEY ARE ZERO
When the impact module is activated, but contains only articles for which pageviews are still being calculated or only articles that have zero pageviews, it still contains the text of "People are viewing the articles you edited!"
In these cases, that text instead should read, "This area will show how many times people have viewed the articles you have created or edited."
See the "First edit to article" mockup here to see the visual treatment -- but the current language is written in this task.