It looks like WikiEditor is only capable of recording edits as platform = "desktop" (rather than "tablet" or "phone") in its doEventLogging hook handler (which is marked with a FIXME). This would be inaccurate in the following relatively common cases:
- Someone is using a phone or tablet to edit with the Wikitext editor on the desktop site (which I do commonly)
Documentation for the EventLogging schema can be found at https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Schema:EditAttemptStep.
- Upstream the mobile device detector from MobileFrontend into Mediawiki Core so that it could be used in multiple places
- Update all schema that depend on MobileFrontend to ensure there is an explicit integration field that can log this relationship
- - [ ] Implementation: all ===Requirements are met
- QA: Product Analytics verifies the updated schema are logging events as expected
- Documentation: The documentation of all schema that were changed to fulfill the ===Requirements above are updated to reflect said change(s)