As a user, I want to enter pagenames/filenames without triggering a constraint violation because of (missing) underscores.
Currently, Wikibase does not normalize pagenames/filenames on save (e.g. underscores in the input for properties of datatype Commons media are allowed).
As a result, this inconsistency leaves users with unnecessary manual work.
Currently, we don't normalize the file name ("_" not removed on save)
We do already normalize sitelinks ("_" removed on save)
- https://test.wikidata.org/w/index.php?title=Q212413&diff=next&oldid=529671 (edit included an underscore)
GIVEN a Wikibase instance like Wikidata
WHEN a new edit is saved via UI or API
AND a pagename/filename is added or changed in that edit
THEN this pagename/filename is normalized on save ("my file_name.jpg" -> "my file name.jpg")
- pagenames/filenames are normalized on save, as described in the BDD
- This should be done considering alignment with the work done for T286047.
- Wait until community communication has happened, as this could technically be considered a breaking change (planned for the week of July 19-23).
misleading: "Commons link should be well-formed." warning
- Grab fritz jellinek wiener zentralfriedhof 2020-01-30(2).jpg and
- Grab_fritz_jellinek_wiener_zentralfriedhof_2020-01-30(2).jpg are identical by definition and the warning is an annoyance
So please can you silently do all the necessary underscore <-> space replacements by the underlying software instead of propagating it to the users.