The following hooks are too closely coupled to the render layer meaning if a skin such as Vector that uses a different render layer (Mustache) compatibility is lost with a variety of extensions. To workaround this currently Vector inefficiently needs a corresponding SkinTemplate to keep compatibility.
The hooks in question here are:
- BaseTemplateToolbox (1.35)
- BaseTemplateAfterPortlet (1.35)
- SkinTemplateToolboxEnd (1.35)
Sign off steps
- Ensure all subtasks are closed
- Make a task for any necessary hard deprecations.
- EMail wikitech-l detailing what's happened