Per T251464#6182776 and T240697#6217971, it's impossible for us to see how many edits are coming from users without JS because of ad blockers and tracking blockers that block sending data via EventLogging.
There is a concern that prolific editors might have JS turned off for privacy reasons and by lowering non-JS support we would be hurting those high-impact users.
- We should be able to aggregate the edits mentioned above by
projectplatform (mobile and desktop) and by country.
- No other data should be collected in order to preserve the privacy of people who are using ad blockers for privacy reasons.
Ideally, this new instrumentation can be live on all wikis by 10-May. This means, the code for this new instrumentation would be code-reviewed by the train starting on 4-May.
The new instrumentation that is needed to deliver what is described in the ===Requirements section above should be implemented in the way it was decided upon in T280841 and pasted here :
- We will send an event to the VisualEditorFeatureUse schema adjacent to the existing server-side logging in WikiEditor. It will be in the form:
- event.feature = 'mwSave'
- event.action = 'source-has-js'.
- The instrumentation needed to fulfill the ===Requirements listed above are implemented