As a volunteer technical contributor, I'd like to understand which recommended technologies I should use and which ones are legacy.
- Publish an updated Current Status page and transclude it into other pages where necessary.
- Create a Vue.js/Built with Vue page which contains a table of all on-wiki features that use Vue, along with the version (2 vs 3), the component library (WVUI, Codex, homebrew), current status (in development, in production, etc), delivery method, and any other relevant info along with links to Phab tasks. The table at T272885 is a good starting point.
- Create a Vue.js/Guidelines page that is up-to-date with current ES6/Vue 3 reality. This page can be transcluded into the main Vue.js page to replace this section.
- Archive old Vue Migration Team pages
- Update the Vue.js/OOUI migration guide page to mention Codex (and provide up-to-date advice generally).
- Ensure MediaWiki pages for Vue, Codex, and DST link to the appropriate Phabricator projects/boards
- Provide performance guidelines on when/how to load Vue code (T248718, T289208) – this task is currently blocked and may need to be dealt with later, when we can get input from various stakeholders
- Clarify and organize the various phab boards, and indicate which are deprecated. We have WVUI, Vue.js, Codex, Design-Systems-Team; scope of Phab project tags feels unclear. Please clarify the Phabricator project descriptions to shed more light on this.
- Update the docs at https://design.wikimedia.org/style-guide/resources.html to include info about Vue and Codex