Translation is useful to create an initial version of an article, but it often requires further review. This ticket proposes to show a notice on recently translated articles that invites users to review and expand with the translation of a new section.
|Notice for recently translated articles||Dialog with instructions to review||Secondary tab of the dialog to expand|
As an initial exploration of this entry point, it will be exposed only on mobile and for logged-in users. Based on the results we can explore how to expand it to desktop (keeping an eye on whether expanding articles is available there by then: T234323). Check the "Details on Logic" below for more considerations about when to show this notice.
The notice uses the same placement and similar style as article issues.
- The title of the notice is set in bold and uses Accent50 (#36c) color. The description text uses Base20 (#54595D) color. Both using a font size of 14px.
- Article icon is used in Accent50 (#36c)
- Taping the notice will open the instructions dialog.
- Layout and spacing is detailed below:
This page was recently translated
Help to improve the contents
The instructions dialog is modal, using a translucent overlay to darken the elements behind. Standard components for the overlay, dialog, and tab control should be reused.
The tab control will be only shown if there are sections available to translate. If there are not, the tab control will be hidden and only the instructions to review the contents will be provided.
More details on the content and actions below:
Improve the translation
Review contents | Add new sections
(Review contents tab:)
Translations reuse work by editors from other languages. However, some aspects can get lost in translation. You can help:
- Make the content read natural Edit sentences to reorder or replace words as needed.
- Check the references Readers access references to check the facts. Review the format of references and add relevant references in your language.
- Compare with the original Make sure the original meaning was not been altered in the translation.
[Edit the page]
[Open original page in <source-language>]
- "Edit the page" opens visual editor.
- "Open original page in <source-language>" opens the source article in a new tab.
( "Add new sections" tab, only if sections are available to expand:)
Expand this page by translating sections available in other languages you know.
[Translate a new section]
Translate <section1>, <section2>, and more
- "Translate a new section" links to Section translation with the article and language pair pre-selected.
- "Translate <section1>, <section2>, and more" shows up to two of the available sections that can be expanded. The message will be adapted in the cases where there is only one (""Translate <section1>") or two sections (" "Translate <section1> and <section2>") available to expand.
Details on the logic
The notice will be shown if all the conditions below are met:
- User is accessing the mobile web version of the article.
- There are no other notices for the article. Article issues are represented in the same place and in a similar way. We may want to give preference to the article issues since they are defined after editor assessment.
- User is logged-in
- The article was published as a new page by Content
or Section Translation.
- The article was published in the last 10 days.
- The article has less than 5 edits since it was published.
- The page is not a redirect.
In addition, the tab control will be only shown if there are sections available to translate. If there are not, the tab control will be hidden and only the instructions to review the contents will be provided.