This task is about making manual topic subscriptions available as a beta feature at the ===Phase 2 wikis listed below
This deployment is tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, 25 August during the Morning backport window that runs from 18:00 - 19:00 UTC.
⚠️ Note: the deployment date will be finalized on Tuesday, 24 August once we've confirmed wikis have not raised any concerns with the plan @Whatamidoing-WMF communicated in T288704#7298872.
Phase 2 wikis
|All Wikipedias except English Wikipedia|
For people at the partner wikis above who have the Discussion tools beta feature enabled, they will see the following:
- In Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-betafeatures: the Discussion tools beta feature should contain a list item that reads: Receive notifications when new comments are added in sections you have subscribed to.
- In Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-editing: a new setting within the Discussion pages section that contains a setting titled Enable topic subscription and this setting should be enabled by default
- On a talk page with at least one ==H2==, a [ subscribe ] affordance should appear next to it
Minimum test case
At each of the wikis listed beneath Wikis to test on, complete the Test instructions.
Wikis to test on
- Japanese (ja.wiki)
- Hebrew (he.wiki)
- Bengali (bn.wiki)
- Russian (ru.wiki)
- Vietnamese (vi.wiki)
- Visit Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-betafeaturesand verify the Discussion tools beta feature contains a list item that reads: Receive notifications when new comments are added in sections you have subscribed to.
- Visit Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-editing and verify a new setting appears within the Discussion pages section titled Enable topic subscription and this setting should be enabled by default
- Visit a talk page and verify [ subscribe ] affordances appear next to each ==H2==
- All ===Requirements are met
- All issues encountered during testing are documented