This task involves the work with of introducing the Add topic button with the version of the site-wide sticky header that will appear on pages volunteers use to host discussions.
- The "Add topic" button should appear within the Sticky Header on any page where the Add topic / New section link already appears within the page chrome.
- Platform(s): desktop
- Regardless of the state of peoples' Enable quick topic adding setting in Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-editing:
- People should see a button within the sticky header that, when clicked, will open either the legacy section=new experience or the New Topic Tool.
- This text that appears within this button should match the text a wiki has defined for the existing Add topic / New section link that appear's within the page's chrome.
- For people who have the Enable quick topic adding setting enabled:
- When they click the Add topic / New section button, the New Topic Tool should open
- For people who have the Enable quick topic adding setting disabled:
- When they click the Add topic / New section button, the legacy section=new experience should open
- 1. What do people who have the Enable quick topic adding setting disabled see within the version of the sticky header that appears on talk pages? Note: the current spec would make it so the Add topic button continues to appear within the sticky header. Once clicked, people would be taken to the legacy section=new form.
- People who have the Enable quick topic adding setting disabled will see the Add topic button appear within the sticky header. Once clicked, people will be taken to the legacy section=new form.
- 2. How will the Add topic button that will appear within the sticky header be styled? See current button styling in the Mockup section below.