This task involves the work to start the A/B test to evaluate the impact of the suite of mobile DiscussionTools.
Thursday, 8 Dec 2022
Tuesday, 3 January 2023 via T321961#8495168
- Everyone who is accessing a mobile talk page on any of the wikis listed in the Participating wikis, logged in and logged out, should have a 50% chance of being included/bucketed into the A/B test's control or test group
- Bucketing should be done on a per-Wikipedia basis. 50% of people within a given wiki should be placed within the control group; 50% should be bucketed in the test group
- People should remain in the same group for the duration of the test (even if they explicitly turn on or off discussion tool preferences). NOTE: Need to confirm if changes in desktop preferences impact mobile web preferences.
- Within the A/B test, we are able to distinguish all events logged for the control group and the test group.
- We are able to track if/when someone in the test group adjusts any of the discussion tool-related preferences.
- Editing QA has verified people are being bucketed on the client side on the beta cluster
- Once A/B test is started in T321961, @MNeisler will verify:
- That bucketing is being logged as expected server-side
- If all the data needed for the analysis is retained past 90 days. If not, analysis MUST be completed within that timeframe