Hopefully subject is as clear as possible :-)
- Mentioned In
- T202619: Get rid of tiny hogan templates in mobile.editor.ve
T95490: Remove ButtonWithSpinner from MobileFrontend
- Mentioned Here
- T212465: [EPIC] None of our View's should exhibit 2 levels of inheritance
T214641: Page underneath the overlay flashes for 1 frame when switching between loading overlay and real overlay
T87051: VisualEditorOverlay toggle between wikitext and visual editor should use OO.ui.PopupToolGroup
@bmansurov, @Esanders @matmarex, I spent a few hours on this today. There's a long way to go, but I learnt a lot about some subtle differences between MobileFrontend's architecture and VEs. They don't seem so incompatible. We're actually doing very similar things so this shouldn't be too hard.
After hacking away at this I still see this bug as the holy grail for MobileFrontend fully using oojs ui.
Rewrite VisualEditorOverlay as a Dialog, this will bring MobileFrontend's 3 core components inline with those in OO.ui:
- OO.ui.ProcessDialog = mw.mobileFrontend.require( 'Overlay' )
- OO.ui.WindowManager = mw.mobileFrontend.require( 'OverlayManager' )
- OO.ui.Element + template support = mw.mobileFrontend.require( 'View' )
Once we have this I think it will be pretty straightforward to more quickly iterate on moving mobile to OooJS UI.