The Community Tech team is working on the top ten wishes on the 2015 community wishlist. Technical Collaboration is helping out with some of the others. We should assess at least ten feasible tasks, starting by looking at #11–20. The feasibility should be documented (both from a social and technical perspective), we should include brief descriptions of ways forward written or vetted by suitable developers and document strategy for finding volunteer developers for each tasks – where and how to proceed.
Measurements of success
- Selection of 10 most voted suitable tasks.
- Technical and social feasibility assessment for each task.
- Recommendations for next steps vetted by developers.
- 10 are ongoing, and others are being discussed/researched
- Plan for recruiting volunteer developers for each task.
- Outreach within each task, and before/at/after hackathons, and on IRC, and direct contact with potentially interested parties onwiki or via email
Status as of 12 September 2016:
10 top Community Wishlist 2015 tasks that the Technical Collaboration team actively supports in the ways we can:
Other Community Wishlist 2015 tasks suitable for volunteer developers:
|47||T120478: Page contributors||In development||- in T129123 by Devirk et al|
|54||T120437: Category suggestions based on filename, description and location||Open for development|
|57||T120779: Automatic search for similar items in Wikidata||Open for development||(Is there a tool that already does this?)|
|59||T120478: Page contributors||In development||- in T129123 by Devirk et al|
|66||T120748: Make Special:Listfiles show the quantity of globalusage for a file||Open for development|
Further Updates are being done in https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2015_Community_Wishlist_Survey/Results directly, with green background indicating tasks needing feedback or ready for development.