As a user, I'd like to be able to remind myself of a task, after a configurable period of time.
E.g. Is it possible to create timed notification? I.e. if somebody reviews GA nomination and puts article on holds for 7 days. It would be useful to have timed notification as some kind of reminder for both nominator and reviewer. --Antidiskriminator (talk) 11:35, 8 January 2015 (UTC) (via)
E.g.2. [...] With WP:Flow, it might even be possible to get automatic follow-up reminders to reduce hassle for the admins. The main complaint in the past is that admins can't track these warned accounts efficiently, so "one week's fair warning, during which you need to get your name changed" turns into "indefinite freedom, because I can't remember who I warned". But if a Flow process automagically told you when the time was up, then you wouldn't have to remember anything.[...] WhatamIdoing (talk) 19:27, 6 January 2014 (UTC) (via)
E.g.3. [...]can we get some kind of remind-me-in-a-week feature [...] for all those times that we tell someone that we'll check back? [...] via
E.g.4. w:en:Wikipedia:Bots/Requests for approval/RemindMeBot, and further discussion here. (request expired)
This reminder could be sent via an Echo notification.
- This needs some design assistance - how do editors setup a new reminder? What do they click, and what does it trigger?
- Where would we store the data in the individually written reminder messages? (if server-side, please ping the Legal team once a development implementation has been planned, to get their review and ok)
This card tracks a proposal from the 2015 Community Wishlist Survey: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2015_Community_Wishlist_Survey
This proposal received 30 support votes, and was ranked #32 out of 107 proposals. https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/2015_Community_Wishlist_Survey/Notifications#Reminders_in_notifications
- T2582: Remind me of this article in X days a very similar, but simpler, feature-request
- T48103: Allow having an on-wiki ToDo list per user
- T156808: Back-end infrastructure for timed notifications in Echo