- Name of tool/project:T142226: Productize the Electron PDF render service & create a REST API end point
- Project home page: T142226: Productize the Electron PDF render service & create a REST API end point
- Name of team requesting review: Services
- Primary contact: @GWicke, @mobrovac
- Target date for deployment: Deployed in labs since ~August, prod deploy ideally first half of Q2 FY 2016/17.
- Link to code repository / patchset: https://github.com/msokk/electron-render-service
- Programming Language(s) Used: JS, C++ (Electron / Chrome)
Description of the tool/project
Given a URL pointing to a printable wiki page, render the page to a PDF using Chrome's print-to-pdf functionality.
Description of how the tool will be used at WMF
This service will be the backend service behind a "this page as PDF" REST API entry point. Externally controlled parameter is the page title to render.
List dependencies, or upstream projects that this project relies on
- Electron / Chromium
Has this project been reviewed before?
Not inside WMF.
Working test environment
- There is a simple test install on pdf.services.eqiad.wmflabs.org, in /home/gwicke. This instance is publicly available as pdf-electron.wmflabs.org. Example test page.
- Instructions for setting up a test environment: T134205#2261997
- Ongoing deployment prep: T143129