Problem to solve
Some users can cause disruption by moving/renaming pages.
Social sanctions can keep them in check, but currently the only technical means to corral this type of behavior is a full site block, which is extreme for some situations.
We should introduce a way to block a user from only moving or renaming pages. This will allow us to retain the user while they learn about wiki policies without blocking them off the entire website.
- On Special:Block, under 'Actions to block' add a checkbox for Moving pages
- The checkbox should be unchecked by default if "Partial" block is selected
- The checkbox should be checked and disabled if "Sitewide" block is selected
- When a block is saved with the 'Moving pages' checkbox selected, the target user should not be able to move a page via API or the wiki.
- Error messages should display appropriately (see below)
- When a Partial block is saved with the 'Uploading files' checkbox selected, the log items should indicate moving pages is part of the block
- e.g. 23:20, 26 November 2018 AdminUsername (talk | contribs | block) blocked BadUser (talk | contribs) from moving files with an expiration time of N (autoblock disabled) (unblock | change block)
- Special:BlockList should display that a user is blocked from moving pages as a bullet in the 'Block parameters' column