With the upcoming task T210704: Migrate node-based services in production to node10. Tilerator and Kartotherian need to upgrade some libraries to be compatible with node 10.
UPDATE: We were able to run Kartotherian/Tilerator on a Node 10 setup using a custom node-mapnik version deployed under kartotherian org. In order to get back to the upstream provider, we should still wait for mapnik v3.1.x to be released, more info below.
Also, node-mapnik >= 4.0.0 works with the pre-release master branch of mapnik. That means that the migration will be blocked until mapnik v3.1.x is released (which is an ongoing work since mid-2017). When it happens, the following dependencies needs to upgrade node-mapnik to the latest version:
Still, what could be tested so far indicates that one third-party dependency also needs to be improved when mapnik v3.1.x will be released and that is mapnik-reference, which doesn't support the pre-release schema yet.
Upgrade the libraries when the time comes.
- mapbox/tilelive-bridge (wait for upstream or fork if it's no longer maintained)
- kartotherian/tilelive-vector (https://github.com/kartotherian/tilelive-vector/pull/4)
- kartotherian/tilelive-tmsource (https://github.com/kartotherian/tilelive-tmsource/pull/2)
- kartotherian/abaculus (https://github.com/kartotherian/abaculus/pull/3)
- kartotherian/snapshot (https://github.com/kartotherian/snapshot/pull/20)
- kartotherian/maki (https://github.com/kartotherian/maki/pull/4)
Is that going to be a straight forward upgrade for our dependencies? Some libraries we use are outdated and upgrade them might bring incompatibilities, this will need more tests when mapnik v3.1.x is available.
- Backport to Debian stretch mapnik v3.1.x when released
- Wait for mapnik-reference to be updated on upstream
- Upgrade node-mapnik in all dependencies
- Test and deploy