The mobile version of the Homepage borrows the tabbed menu feature from the Advanced Mobile Contribution special pages layout.
The tabbed menu presents sizing issues related to translations, as the translations force some words to be wrapped to the next line.
Example of Czech translation:
- When the first item of the tabbed menu list is selected, the menu will be aligned to left
- When the last item of the tabbed menu list is selected, the menu will be aligned to right *
- When one of the other items in the tabbed menu (user page) is selected, it will be aligned to center
- Overflowing text on the left and/or the right of the screen will be cut at the threshold of the body 15px margin
- The best behavior for this kind of design solution would be to be able to slide left/right between tabs
- Until this won't technically be possible, it would be nice to make the tabbed menu scroll horizontally
- In the horizontal scroll scenario the underline treatment of the selected item should scroll with the rest of the menu
* This is just for future reference as it is not possible at the moment: the last item in the menu is the link to the talk page which will open in a modal, so it won't be possible to see it selected.
Scrolling behavior prototype: