In most of our mobile homepage user tests and in some of our desktop homepage user tests, newcomers are attracted to the "Contributions" link as a place to get started with editing. They think, "I want to make a contribution. Maybe I can do it here." When they get there on mobile, they see blank contributions pages:
In this task, we want to add something to Special:Contributions when the user has zero contributions encouraging them to visit their homepage to get started.
The design for the mobile version of the empty state of the Special:Contributions page follows the exact same layout and styling of the current empty state of the mobile User page.
- background-color: colorGray14 / #eaecf0
- border-radius: 2px
- User contributions unactivated state text:
- "You have not yet made any contributions."
- 1em / 16px
- colorGray2 / #222
- Homepage introduction text:
- "Visit your homepage to get started with editing!"
- There should be no link to the word "homepage" in the text.
- 1em / 16px
- colorGray7 / #72777d
- Button link to the homepage:
- "Go to your homepage"
- ButtonWidget (primary, progressive)
Mockups with more detailed design specs can be found in Zeplin.
Desktop version of this task is at T225328