Currently when someone writes on your talk page, the Talk link within your user links transforms into a yellow notice:
- Update message as per design below
- the yellow bar should now appear before the notification bell icon on all skins. Rationale is that
the yellow bar is actually related to a message that lives within the bell icon not the tray.
- Selecting message would lead to the user's talk page
- Copy: "You have a new Talk page message"
- Message will be dismissed once clicked (follows current behavior)
In updated Vector we would like to render the notification as a floating element, hanging off the bell icon:
If that is too costly time-wise we can stick with the status quo:
- For logged-out IP people we can leave the current treatment as-is
- Prior discussion here: T266511
Replication steps (substitute user for your own user name)
- Login as user "CharlieBrown"
- In an incognito window load the User talk:CharlieBrown page and click add topic. Add a topic with title "hello" and message "Hello [[User:CharlieBrown]]! ~~~~`
- Refresh the non-incognito window where you are logged in as Charlie Brown.
When logged in it currently appears in the user-menu:
To fix the logged in use case we need to make a change to EchoHooks::onPersonalUrls to add this to the notifications menu instead using EchoHooks::onSkinTemplateNavigationUniversal`
- make follow-up task for talk page link duplication -> T283811
QA Results - Beta