Hi, I'd like to propose a new special page. Before I implement it, I'd like to get some feedback.
Special:Userinfo should be linked from Special:Contributions and perhaps in the toolbar of user/user_talk pages.
It should contain:
- A list of user groups the user is currently in
- A list of user rights that are implied by the user groups (Optional, it could also just be a link to Special:Listgrouprights)
- A simple Editcounter (Yeah I know this is unpopular, but it's often useful)
- A list of user subpages (using a Pager)
- Various links (e.g. to logs, other special pages)
The general idea is to disburden Special:Contributions, which got filled up with more and more links over time. There should be central page for automatically generated information, statistics about a user and useful links.
I know that the information is already *there*, but often it isn't linked anywhere and distributed on many pages (e.g. Special:Listusers/<username>?limit=1, Special:Listgrouprights, Special:Prefixindex/User:<username>, etc.)
Any suggestions on the idea as a whole or individual parts of the page?
T39573: Addition of CU logs to list of user links in Special:Contributions
T60405: Provide information about users' rights and editing on user pages
T65988: Put user profile info into its own Special page in MediaWiki core (and optionally remove it from elsewhere)
T67446: Figure out Wikimedia wikis' Special:Contributions footer (duplicative and difficult to maintain)
T140585: The problem of customized local messages for links to Wikimedia tools