This task is about inviting Senior Contributors to experiment with the initial topic subscription prototype (T273911).
This section describes the questions we are trying to answer by consulting with Senior Contributors:
- What do Senior Contributors find unexpected about how the prototype looks and functions?
- What do Senior Contributors appreciate about the prototype?
- What do Senior Contributors wish was different about the prototype?
- In what – if any – ways can Senior Contributors foresee the current prototype disrupting their individual workflows?
- In what – if any – ways can Senior Contributors foresee the current prototype disrupting their wiki's workflows?
|Wiki||Facilitator||Link to feedback conversation|
This section will contain a summary of what we learned from Senior Contributors through this consultation.
- Two at cs.wiki people expressed a preference for the Subscribe / Unsubscribe affordance to appear within the existing [ edit ] link "grouping"
- One person at cs.wiki wanted to make sure Topic Subscriptions would be a feature they could disable if they did not find it valuable
- One person at cs.wiki wondered whether they would be able to keep up with the number of notifications that are likely to follow after subscribing to many topics
|Customize notification triggers||https://w.wiki/3HDc||@Patriccck||T284794|
|Introduce ability to subscribe to all conversations on a page||https://w.wiki/3HDc + https://w.wiki/3MeH||@Patriccck + @Pelagic||T284795|
|After subscribing, pressing spacebar to scroll the page unsubscribes you||https://w.wiki/3HDj||@Sunpriat||T284035|
|Topics are difficult to differentiate because the Subscribe button "interrupts" the borderline||https://w.wiki/3HDj||@Sunpriat||The latest design resolved this issue: https://patchdemo.wmflabs.org/wikis/91bccd4c6b/wiki/Talk:Main_Page .|
|Clicking on the notifications that appear within Echo should take you to the precise location on the page where the content you are being notified about exists||https://w.wiki/3HDj||@Sunpriat||T282029|
|The distinction between Echo's "Alerts" and "Notices" is not clear/confusing||https://w.wiki/3HDj||@Sunpriat||T142981|
- Senior Contributors are invited to try and share feedback about the topic subscription prototype at the projects listed within the "Conversations" section's table above.
- The learnings that emerge through these conversations are documented in the "Learnings" section above