Other than ContentAction, which was touched during GCI, the code in the Examples extension hasn't really been touched for a few years. It would be nice to give it a spring clean, updating code to follow modern coding practices for MediaWiki extensions.
Additional cleaning up to-do
- Update the docs here: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Example and note to move the page to `[[Extension:Examples]]`. Note the "s" suffix.
- Update and fix tags on Phabricator board of the project.
- Request for a rename of the Gerrit repo from examples to Examples
- Update this documentation as it mentions this extension: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/How_to_become_a_MediaWiki_hacker/Extension_Writing_Tutorial.
- Also, update this: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Developing_extensions.
- Check around and make sure references of the extension as Example are updated to Examples.
- Make the extension compatible with wfLoadExtension()