Deploy the settings feature branch everywhere
- Ensure https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/403841 got merged (otherwise stable features will be listed in beta)
- Check QA has occurred on staging
@phuedx: T184742: QA of 'specialpages' feature branch (settings page) is a direct subtask (blocker).
- Merge specialpages branch in Minerva to master.
- Merge specialpages branch in MobileFrontend to master.
- Un-deploying is simple (revert a single commit instead of multiple).
- Merge as early in the week as possible so translators can make updates before it goes to prod (This should ideally be merged on the 5th)
- Link feedback page to https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Reading/Web/Settings
- This will deploy the new settings page to the beta cluster which will roll out to production on the next train. Testing should occur on https://en.m.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/w/index.php?title=Special:MobileOptions&returnto=Special%3AMobileOptions
- Feedback page should show on Special:MobileOptions
Post deploy/sign off
- Update https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Reading/Web/Release_timeline (make sure to include the patch merge date and deploy date)
- Update on mailing lists (done Feb 13 T186832: Communicate changes to mobile web settings design)
- Update the MobileFrontend documentation to reflect that it requires the latest version of MediaWiki (dependencies have been reflected by a version bump in Minerva+MobileFrontend)