- Track: Local Development and onboarding
- Topic: Reducing barriers to entry for new developers
We will discuss the current state of onboarding for various groups (WMDE, WMF teams, volunteer devs, etc), entry points for newcomers, and the barriers they are facing. We will then discuss how we can make it easier for a new developer to get started with the Wikimedia ecosystem (This should focus on all other points aside from improving local dev env and documentation/support channels, as those are handled in other sessions.)
Questions to answer and discuss
Pre-reading for all Participants
- [add links here]
[link to notes document (gdoc and / or etherpad)]
Notes and Facilitation guidance
Session Style / Format
- [what type of format will this session be?]
Session Leaders please:
- Add more details to this task description.
- Coordinate any pre-event discussions (here on Phab, IRC, email, hangout, etc).
- Outline the plan for discussing this topic at the event.
- Optionally, include what this session will not try to solve.
- Update this task with summaries of any pre-event discussions.
- Include ways for people not attending to be involved in discussions before the event and afterwards.
Post-event action items: