Steps to reproduce:
- View an edit, such as this.
- Copy the displayed IP address, e.g. from a discussion comment signature, or from the diff, or the history page, or recent changes, or elsewhere in the interface. 2600:1004:b14a:5ddd:3ebe:bba4:bfba:f37e
- Open Special:Contributions and paste it in the form. Or, as power user, one might have an existing contributions query open and paste it in the address bar as /wiki/Special:Contributions/ <paste here>
Nothing, no edits?
The edits in question.
It turns that the query only works when the address is in the internal uppercase format, which is generally not displayed to users. So the above edit is accessible via the following instead:
Interestingly, even the "actual" result link above (lowercase IP) has a heading that says it is displaying results for the uppercase IP. It says "//2600:1004:B14A://…". The two pages look identical, except that one is broken and the other isn't.
- Working: https://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speci%C3%A1ln%C3%AD:P%C5%99%C3%ADsp%C4%9Bvky/2A00:1028:83A4:76D2:88E9:E750:ACDD:5CA3
- Not working: https://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speci%C3%A1ln%C3%AD:P%C5%99%C3%ADsp%C4%9Bvky/2a00:1028:83a4:76d2:88e9:e750:acdd:5ca3
which is the very same IPv6 address, just lowercase.