UploadWizard fails when uploading pdf files to Commons over the last two weeks, while previously there was no problem with similar files.
- In the last step UploadWizard fails, showing the small red exclamation sign (!) with error message <api-error-internal_api_error_MWException> (nothing more).
- Content: multi-volume Dutch war time history made available by NIOD Institute for War, Holocaust and Genocide Studies (Amsterdam)
- Some volumes were uploaded successfully some weeks before by me with same method, resulting in, e.g.,
- Failed uploads have similar input metadata for UploadWizard, similar to succesfully uploaded files.
- Removing occasional quote symbols (') from requested file names for Commons did not solve problem
- Target category on wikimedia commons:
- Pdf files originally from
Upload with UploadWizard from local laptop hard disk.
I am wikipedian in "special residence" (short periodes at institutions). Project:
(English, incomplete) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:GLAM/Wikipedians_in_Special_Residence_in_the_Netherlands_2013-2014
(Dutch, complete) https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:GLAM/Wikipedians_in_Special_Residence
Thank you for considering this request,
Hansmuller User:Hansmuller https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Hansmuller