- Name of tool/project: CodeMirror
- Project home page: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:CodeMirror and http://codemirror.net/
- Name of team requesting review: Community Tech
- Primary contact: @kaldari
- Target date for deployment: Q1 (July 2017)
- Link to code repository / patchset: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/diffusion/ECMI/browse/master/
Description of the tool/project
CodeMirror is a syntax highlighting engine for programming languages. The MediaWiki CodeMirror extension is specifically for highlighting WikiText.
Description of how the tool will be used at WMF
It will be an opt-in (at least initially) add-on for the WikiText editing interface. Once enabled, it will add a new button to the editing toolbar. Clicking the button will activate syntax highlighting for the editor (i.e. existing and newly entered text will be color-coded based on syntax).
- CodeMirror library. Note that only a small portion of the 3rd party CodeMirror library is actually used by the CodeMirror extension:
- various CSS files (probably not relevant for security review)
Has this project been reviewed before?
Working test environment
Currently set up at http://commtech.wmflabs.org/. You can test at http://commtech.wmflabs.org/w/index.php?title=Test&action=edit. You will need to have an account and be logged in. Once you are in the editor, click the rainbox-colored button in the toolbar.
Community Tech will be responsible for the project after deployment.