To allow us to begin testing the hypothesis in https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Reading/Web/Projects/Read_more
- Cut new release for RelatedArticles
- Deploy to beta cluster
- Set wgRelatedArticlesShowInFooter = true and wgRelatedArticlesShowInSidebar = true on beta labs and get it swatted (see https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/257431 )
- Add 'Cards' to the list of extensions to branch (see https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/257432 )
- Add Cards as a dependency on any wiki where RelatedArticles is installed on production (see https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/257434 )
- Do a release for T116838, T120735 and T120443
- Do a SWAT deploy of latest release
- RelatedArticles extension should be enabled on all Wikipedias after train has left the station.
It should be featured flagged so that it doesn't add a parser function.(https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/257435 )
Arrange SWAT deploy window - You can SWAT deploy Monday, Tuesday, or next week - depending on who's available you should reach out to Greg to rearrange if necessary.(we will ride the train)
- Confirm that the related articles feature does not appear in stable on mobile or desktop and thus does not impact fundraising (previously T113248)
Suggestion for Tech news entry wording:
Section "Future changes":
"A new beta feature (not enabled by default) will automatically add links to related articles after the article content."