Page MenuHomePhabricator

Technical Collaboration quarterly check in for April - June 2017
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

The canonical location of Technical Collaboration team goals is https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Technical_Collaboration/Goals -- this is a Phabricator version for easy navigation to related tasks.

Below you can also find the current list of individual goals for TC team members.

Team quarterly goals

Towards annual goal Continue Community liaison support for Foundation Product goals

Towards annual goal Create a systematic approach to community engagement for product development teams

Towards annual goal Connect free software developers with the 2016 Community Wishlist Survey

Other

Individual quarterly goals

OwnerGoals
@CKoerner_WMFT154631: Gather community feedback for Page Previews stage 1 rollouts, T154633: Inform stage 1 communities of upcoming Page Previews rollout, T154851: Draft and publish Reading updates for last quarter (Oct-Dec 2016), T157816: Tech Talk: MediaWiki for third parties, T162313: Discuss map style changes with communities, T162064: Support Q4 Discovery goal: Refine and test new design of search results page with occasional deployments , T158830: Communicate enabling Extension:3d on Commons
@ElitreT154320: Support the Parsing team with ongoing changes, T154321: Figure out how to deal with the "Internal Roles, Responsibilities and Interactions" problem between CLs and PMs, T155646: Hire a Community Liaison for the Structured Data project, T146705: Support rollout of editing wikidata descriptions on Android
@JohanT160745: PDFs – find out what works well, what's lacking and what's less prioritised, T153208: 2016 Community Wishlist: Report back with analysis and discussions, {T157962}
@KeeganT144625: First review of the Technical Collaboration Guidance by Foundation Product teams and most active technical volunteers, T152515: Pilot the TCG with a product/product team/community liaison, T161030: Set up a case documentation system for Technical Collaboration, T160684: Catalogue and improve documentation related to Technical Collaboration
@RfarrandT157632: Decide on a location for the Wikimedia Hackathon 2018, T163794: Create a plan / schedule for the organization of the Wikimania Hackathon 2017, T163440: Retain at least 10% of newcomers at the Wikimedia Hackathon 2017 & WMF Organization of Wikimedia Hackathon 2017
@QgilT153007: Technical Collaboration annual plan FY2017-18, T132499: Review KPIs, workflows, and scorecards of the Technical Collaboration team, T159923: Bootstrap the Code of Conduct Committee, T160996: Creation of a Program Committee for Wikimedia developer events (a Wikimania Hackathon session)
@QuiddityT149625: Nick's work with Movement Strategy pages
@srishakatuxT154988: Promote a selection of Community Wishlist Survey 2016 projects well suited for volunteer developers, T162106: Coordinate Wikimedia's participation in Google Summer of Code 2017/Outreachy Round 14, T150732: Provide a group chat system for mentoring T163603: Collect & triage suitable volunteer projects and showcase them for the Wikimedia Hackathon
@Trizek-WMFT143470: Ask communities which have allowed Flow trials with manual enabling to switch to Beta feature activation, T146972: Announce and follow up with communities about the New Filters for Recent changes Beta deployment
@Whatamidoing-WMFT137317: Inform communities about planned outages caused by the server switch (April&May 2017)
@AklapperT160430: Have statistics which allow measuring success of a potential "Onboarding new developers" program

Calendar

  • 2017-06-??: updated team goals due by this date.
  • 2017-06-30: updated Individual goals agreed.
  • 2017-07-??: quarterly check in materials must be completed.
  • 2017-07-??: quarterly check in dry run.
  • 2017-07-??: Community Engagement quarterly check in.

Related Objects

Mentioned Here
T162106: Coordinate Wikimedia's participation in Google Summer of Code 2017/Outreachy Round 14
T163603: Collect & triage suitable volunteer projects and showcase them for the Wikimedia Hackathon
T158830: Communicate enabling Extension:3d on Commons
T162064: Support Q4 Discovery goal: Refine and test new design of search results page with occasional deployments
T162313: Discuss map style changes with communities
T146705: Support rollout of editing wikidata descriptions on Android
T160996: Creation of a Program Committee for Wikimedia developer events (a Wikimania Hackathon session)
T163794: Create a plan / schedule for the organization of the Wikimania Hackathon 2017
T157632: Decide on a location for the Wikimedia Hackathon 2018
T154851: Draft and publish Reading updates for last quarter (Oct-Dec 2016)
T157816: Tech Talk: MediaWiki for third parties
T160684: Catalogue and improve documentation related to Technical Collaboration
T161030: Set up a case documentation system for Technical Collaboration
T131689: Second iteration of the Technical Collaboration strategy
T132421: Identify Wikimedia's most important/used info panels in korma.wmflabs.org
T132499: Review KPIs, workflows, and scorecards of the Technical Collaboration team
T136866: Improve the per-programming-language listings for our tools
T137317: Inform communities about planned outages caused by the server switch (April&May 2017)
T137997: Visualization/data regressions after moving from korma.wmflabs.org to wikimedia.biterg.io
T143470: Ask communities which have allowed Flow trials with manual enabling to switch to Beta feature activation
T144625: First review of the Technical Collaboration Guidance by Foundation Product teams and most active technical volunteers
T146972: Announce and follow up with communities about the New Filters for Recent changes Beta deployment
T149625: Nick's work with Movement Strategy pages
T150732: Provide a group chat system for mentoring
T152515: Pilot the TCG with a product/product team/community liaison
T153007: Technical Collaboration annual plan FY2017-18
T153195: Figure out how to make Tech News better
T153208: 2016 Community Wishlist: Report back with analysis and discussions
T154320: Support the Parsing team with ongoing changes
T154321: Figure out how to deal with the "Internal Roles, Responsibilities and Interactions" problem between CLs and PMs
T154631: Gather community feedback for Page Previews stage 1 rollouts
T154633: Inform stage 1 communities of upcoming Page Previews rollout
T154988: Promote a selection of Community Wishlist Survey 2016 projects well suited for volunteer developers
T155646: Hire a Community Liaison for the Structured Data project
T155663: Update the Product Documentation help pages
T157446: Design a more effective process for requesting CL temporary assistance/longer-term support
T159923: Bootstrap the Code of Conduct Committee
T160430: Have statistics which allow measuring success of a potential "Onboarding new developers" program
T160745: PDFs – find out what works well, what's lacking and what's less prioritised
T163440: Retain at least 10% of newcomers at the Wikimedia Hackathon 2017

Event Timeline

Qgil created this task.Apr 20 2017, 12:57 PM
Qgil moved this task from Backlog to April on the Community-Relations-Support (Apr-Jun 2017) board.
Qgil moved this task from Backlog to April on the Developer-Advocacy (Apr-Jun 2017) board.
Qgil added a comment.Apr 20 2017, 1:00 PM

The individual goals currently listed are those from the previous quarter that were not completed. Please make the modifications needed to reflect your actual individual goals.

Aklapper updated the task description. (Show Details)Apr 20 2017, 2:58 PM
Keegan updated the task description. (Show Details)Apr 20 2017, 3:50 PM
Qgil updated the task description. (Show Details)Apr 24 2017, 9:59 AM
Qgil updated the task description. (Show Details)Apr 24 2017, 1:01 PM
Keegan updated the task description. (Show Details)Apr 24 2017, 7:45 PM
Keegan updated the task description. (Show Details)
CKoerner_WMF updated the task description. (Show Details)Apr 24 2017, 8:20 PM
Qgil updated the task description. (Show Details)Apr 25 2017, 9:09 AM
Rfarrand updated the task description. (Show Details)Apr 25 2017, 3:38 PM
Rfarrand updated the task description. (Show Details)Apr 25 2017, 3:42 PM
Rfarrand updated the task description. (Show Details)
Qgil updated the task description. (Show Details)Apr 27 2017, 8:56 AM
Elitre updated the task description. (Show Details)Apr 27 2017, 3:40 PM
CKoerner_WMF updated the task description. (Show Details)May 1 2017, 4:10 PM
Quiddity updated the task description. (Show Details)May 3 2017, 4:50 PM
Quiddity updated the task description. (Show Details)
srishakatux updated the task description. (Show Details)May 6 2017, 1:44 AM
srishakatux updated the task description. (Show Details)May 6 2017, 1:46 AM
Johan updated the task description. (Show Details)May 8 2017, 11:36 AM
Johan updated the task description. (Show Details)May 8 2017, 11:53 AM
Qgil updated the task description. (Show Details)May 8 2017, 9:06 PM
Qgil lowered the priority of this task from High to Low.May 12 2017, 2:44 PM

Goals finally defined. I'm setting priority to Low until the quarterly check-in approaches.

Qgil added a comment.May 26 2017, 12:35 PM

We have a deadline to present team goals for the next quarter by June 6. Our team just started the discussion. Suggestions are welcome.

Qgil raised the priority of this task from Low to Medium.Jun 13 2017, 3:29 PM
Qgil raised the priority of this task from Medium to High.Jul 4 2017, 9:58 PM
Johan added a comment.Jul 5 2017, 10:21 AM
This comment was removed by Johan.
Johan added a comment.Jul 5 2017, 11:14 AM

Personal update on this:

PDFs – find out what works well, what's lacking and what's less prioritised: We're basically done with the first step of this, what I imagined when I added the task here – the summary is now online, although we're not broadcasting that fact until we can also tell the community more about the backend decision, to not spam folks with related content twice instead of once.

Tech News t-shirt: the design is done, @Rfarrand sent an order. Should be done, but waiting to close the task until we actually have the t-shirts.

Community Wishlist status update: I've sent the parts I was asked to write; stuck on the Community Tech side.

Qgil updated the task description. (Show Details)Jul 5 2017, 12:38 PM
Qgil reassigned this task from Qgil to Elitre.Jul 13 2017, 7:46 AM

My part of this task is done. @Elitre will present at the Quarterly Check-in meeting on Monday 17 on behalf of the Technical Collaboration team, since I will be on vacation. Thank you Erica!

Elitre closed this task as Resolved.Jul 17 2017, 5:33 PM

Our part of the check-in is done, I guess this settles it all?

Qgil awarded a token.Aug 7 2017, 10:30 AM