The Research team (Research) is working on an area that is relevant to Content Translation, and needs contributions that are related to translation. Since this may be relevant to Content Translation users we want to invite them to participate in this research.
The proposal is to show a message where we explain the purpose of the invite and provide options to join the experiment or discard the message. Some more details:
- The invite will be shown on the suggestions tab of the translation dashboard.
- The invite will be shown when both the source and target languages selected for suggestions belong to the list of languages the research is targeting (Arabic, Japanese, English, French, Spanish, Russian).
- Discarding the invite won't show it again for the user.
- Accepting the invite will lead the user to http://gapfinder-tools.wmflabs.org/section-alignment/?s=en&d=ru (where s and d will be the language codes for source and destination languages the user selected)
- The invite will be available for about 2 weeks.
The invite will be developed in a way that can be repurposed in the future. The idea is to use a similar invite to encourage users to try the version 2 of Content Translation when it is ready for a wider exposure.
The graphical asset for the icon is shown below:
Text for the message:
Help to improve this tool. We want to make it easy to extend existing articles when translating, and you can help the research behind it.
- Participate in the research
- No, thanks
The mockup below shows the idea: