In T253624 we looked at if we wanted to continue maintaining our own set of codesniffer sniffers and decided not to.
In T164653 we reviewed the rules that were in wikibase-codesniffer and moved many of them to mediawiki codesniffer.
Per T253624#6373219 the rules that needed to be moved in order to no longer need wikibase-codesniffer have been merged.
Now that v33 has been released, we should be able to remove wikibase-codesniffer entirely and retire the project (using rules with a slightly modified name)
The overhead that this will reduce is discussed slightly in T253624#6165346
To avoid questionable effort of updating code style in repositories that are not actively developed, the update of library used is to be made in the actively developed Wikibase related repositories listed below:
- The same rules are applied on actively developed Wikibase related repositories (see list below) that currently use wikibase-codesniffer after the change
- The wikibase-codesniffer project is appropriately discontinued (on git, in README, in packagist etc)
List of repos to apply this change to:
- gerrit extensions / EntitySchema -> T268826
- gerrit extensions / Wikibase -> T268827
- gerrit extensions / WikibaseCirrusSearch -> T268828
- gerrit extensions / WikibaseLexeme -> T268829
- gerrit extensions / WikibaseLexemeCirrusSearch -> T268830
- gerrit extensions / WikibaseQualityConstraints -> T268831
DUring story time it was decided not to touch these as part of this ticket and only update them when next touched.
- github wmde / WikibaseDataModel
- github wmde / WikibaseDataModelSerialization
- github wmde / WikibaseDataModelServices
- github wmde / WikibaseInternalSerialization