Page MenuHomePhabricator

ContentTranslation added unnecessary font tags
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

In this edit, the wikitext is completely damaged by totally unnecessary font tags.

Other problems :

  • links with no text : [[Special:BookSources/3937615024|<font><font></font></font>]]
  • ISBN links are incorrect : Special:Booksources instead of plain ISBN, and incoherence betweeen the link and the text [[Special:BookSources/3937615024|ISBN 071267456X]]

Is there any plan to deactivate this tool until its major bugs are fixed ? Currently it requires many efforts from volunteers to clean up the mess it regularly produces on articles in production wikis.

Related Objects

StatusAssignedTask
OpenNone
ResolvedAmire80
ResolvedNone
ResolvedAmire80
InvalidNone
OpenAmire80
DeclinedNone
ResolvedPetar.petkovic
ResolvedPetar.petkovic
ResolvedPetar.petkovic
ResolvedPginer-WMF
OpenNone
ResolvedPetar.petkovic
ResolvedPetar.petkovic
ResolvedPetar.petkovic
ResolvedPginer-WMF
Resolvedsanthosh
Resolveddchan
Resolvedsanthosh
Resolvedsanthosh
ResolvedNikerabbit
Opensanthosh
Resolvedsanthosh
ResolvedPginer-WMF
OpenNone
ResolvedPginer-WMF
InvalidNone
ResolvedPetar.petkovic
Resolvedsanthosh
Resolvedsanthosh

Event Timeline

NicoV created this task.Sep 1 2015, 6:19 AM
NicoV raised the priority of this task from to Needs Triage.
NicoV updated the task description. (Show Details)
NicoV added a project: ContentTranslation.
NicoV added a subscriber: NicoV.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptSep 1 2015, 6:19 AM
NicoV updated the task description. (Show Details)Sep 1 2015, 6:22 AM
NicoV set Security to None.

In this edit, the wikitext is completely damaged by totally unnecessary font tags.

I tested this article and it seems not adding <font> tags. It looks some gadget(s) is causing this and will check in details again.

Amire80 added a subscriber: Amire80.Sep 2 2015, 8:20 AM

Most likely, it is added by a rarely used browser (maybe Microsoft Internet Explorer or Safari) or maybe the user copied the text from a word processor like Microsoft Word. I asked the user.

Amire80 triaged this task as Medium priority.Sep 4 2015, 3:27 PM
Amire80 moved this task from Needs Triage to CX6 on the ContentTranslation board.
Amire80 moved this task from CX6 to CX7 on the ContentTranslation board.Oct 1 2015, 5:54 PM
Amire80 renamed this task from Unnecessary font tags everywhere to ContentTranslation added unnecessary font tags.Oct 13 2015, 12:12 PM
Amire80 moved this task from CX7 to Bugs on the ContentTranslation board.Oct 18 2015, 8:29 PM
Amire80 closed this task as Resolved.Aug 5 2019, 2:08 PM
Amire80 claimed this task.

This was most likely caused by using an old browser or by copying from another word processor. The migration to Visual Editor (CX2) is supposed to fix this. Please reopen if <font> tags appear like this again.